Monday, November 30, 2015
Aint Scared of Your Jails Amber McLaughlin
The 1950s and 1960s were and awful time for the African Americans of that time. They had to deal with a great amount of segregation and being treated unfairly. In order to gain fair treatment the African Americans did a series of protests: sit ins, freedom rides and boycotts. I learned that it was a lot harder of times for the people living during this time era than I thought. I didn't realize how mistreated the African Americans were and for no good reason really. I knew they were mistreated, I just didn't know it was to such a huge extreme. We can use what happened during that time era and make sure it doesn't ever happen again. We can use what happened during that time era and change how we treat people with different skin color than us today. To me the most effective tactics were the marches, I believe this because it was said in the movie how there was no sound during these marches and all you could hear was the march of all the feet. It was also stated that everyone was scared and the white folks were in awe. If that doesn't make a statement then I don't know what does. John Patterson said in regards to all the rioters "They always seeking the police to help them but are the first to criticize the police." This movie had a huge impact on me because it showed me how poorly treated the colored people were and it makes me stop and think about how I'm treating other people, of all races.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.