First, write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best? Be specific.
Second, offer constructive criticism that would help this group. What might have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished? Be specific.
Post all comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete1. I think that the constant eye contact by both presenters was well done. It kept the focus of the subject in mind. One thing that I learned in this presentation was the fact the windy day made the tear gas ineffective. I wonder how this event would have played out if it had worked. The presentation was spot on, well cued, and informative.
ReplyDelete2 The only thing that distracted me was one of the presenters, I'm not going to list names, hands kept moving all over the place, he did well at the eye contact but the hands kept knocking my focus off. This was the clearest presentation of today. I did have any clarification questions.
1. One thing that I really enjoyed about this presentation was the timeline that they presented in their project of the events leading up to the shooting, it really helped put everything into perspective for me. I also thought it was a really clear presentation and the point that they were trying to get across was clearly presented. One thing that I learned during this presentation was the fact that nearly 450 colleges shut down following the event the next day, that really made it clear the affect that it had.
ReplyDelete2. The only thing that I thought could be polished was how they shared the speaking points, seemed very blocked off and not as casual as it should be. Other than that everything was great!
1. I thought you guys did a really good job laying out this event, it flowed excellently. Also you guys did a good job of using eye contact and engaging with the audience. I had no idea that they tried to use tear gas on the crowd but because it was such a windy day it wasn't successfully.
ReplyDelete2. The one critique I had was the lack of information given about the four people shot. You guys do a really good job giving all the other information but I felt you could have had a little more about them, but overall it was very informational and I learned a lot, nice job.
1. I think you both did a very good job, you seemed very comfortable and presented the information very clearly. I feel that it was very informative and made me think about it more asking "what if" questions such as: "What if it happened today where there are so many security cameras around, and every person has a cell phone on them at all times that could have recorded it and see whether or not there was any reason for them to start shooting?"
ReplyDelete2. Only criticism would be that you looked at your notes a lot. I feel that it was a bit distracting, but other than that I think the presentation was very solid and well done.
I really enjoyed learning even more about this subject than I already was familiar with. You both did a great job explaining what happened and who was responsible. I also really liked that you related it to police brutality. It is an issue that connects very well. Also with distrust of the government.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I wish you went into more detail about was the people who were actually murdered during this event. Another thing to improve could be talking back and forth and feeding off what the other person says instead of one person doing the beginning and one doing the end of the presentation.
1.Something that was well done about this presentation is that is sets up the background and the conclusion of this outrageous event leading to the clear analysis of what transpired throughout this short period of time. What I learned from this was how horrible the communication was within the National Guard at this time, which resulted in the death of 4 innocent people that had nothing to do with it. I had no idea it was this bad and thought the 4 people had a part in the protesting.
ReplyDelete2.Something that would have helped this presentation become better is some of the statistics of how many people ended up being killed or injured from the questionable actions of the National Guard, to show how much of an effect this was to the public and the government.
I really enjoyed learning about this topic and you guys did a good job presenting it. You guys kept good eye contact and did a good job showing how much you knew about the topic. You guys also did a good job connecting it to a problem in the world today and you did a good job explaining how they are similar. You guys also did a good job with your powerpoint. The only criticism I had was I wish you would of talked about the 4 people that died so we could've learned more about them.
ReplyDelete1. I thought that the information that was given was great. I learned things that I had not known before. I liked how you provided clear details of what lead up to shooting. I had not known that the ROTC building had been burned. I also was unaware that it was a military building.
ReplyDelete2. I think that the only thing that needed to be added was details on the victims.
Your topic was not only very well presented and thought through but was honestly enjoyable and entertaining. What I enjoyed most about the presentation was how you talked in detail about the backstory of the shooting and what led up to it. I thought this really helped to inform the audience more about the subject and give them a better understanding of the issue. One criticism that I have for the presentation would be to expand on the 'lasting effects slide' and talk more in depth about that and the lasting effects of the Kent St. shootings.
ReplyDeleteYour topic was not only very well presented and thought through but was honestly enjoyable and entertaining. What I enjoyed most about the presentation was how you talked in detail about the backstory of the shooting and what led up to it. I thought this really helped to inform the audience more about the subject and give them a better understanding of the issue. One criticism that I have for the presentation would be to expand on the 'lasting effects slide' and talk more in depth about that and the lasting effects of the Kent St. shootings.
ReplyDeleteI felt like the beginning and end of your presentation were very strong. Your introduction allowed me to learn about the specific happenings before the event actually happened which then allowed me to fully understand why the shooting happened. The comparison to police brutality at the end really helped you sum the event up well. It was a great way to end the presentation because it is something that is so familiar to us that we will now remember your presentation.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed watching your presentation, it was very informational. I think that you both did a good job with keeping eye contact with everyone. Also you both shared the speaking roles pretty equally. I like that you ended with the police brutality because that is a big issue in today's society.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed learning more about the kent state shootings as I felt we only briefly overviewed the subject. I learned that the closest person was 75 ft away from the officer and the comparison between todays police brutality couldn't have been more perfect for the subject. Like all of the other groups the problem with filler words was very prevalent and then, so, and yeah were used often throughout the presentation when you guys couldn't think of how to transition. It would have been a lot better to just continue talking without words like these.
ReplyDelete1) I really liked how you kept the audience engaged by keeping eye contact with people and having a very good pace with the presentation. I also learned that the National Guard lied about being over_run by the protesters.
ReplyDelete2) One thing to improve the presentation is to reduce the amount of slides you have. I noticed you had a bit too much. Also, one thing to clear up is the information on the 4 students who died.
Couldn't tell that you were the first group. Both of you had very good eye contact and overall knowledge of the shooting. I didn't really know a lot of in-depth detail about the shooting, but your presentation made it easy to learn and kept me paying attention. If you had to redo this presentation I think talking more about its impact on us to this day would be better to prove him being iconic as well.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the way you presented this topic. I like that you filled us in with all the facts. It was easy to pay attention during your presentation because you made it very interesting. I also liked that you connected the police brutality that happened during the Kent shooting with what is happening during today with all the police violence in our society.
ReplyDeleteI found this presentation to be very informative and very entertaining. I was zoned in the entire time, and you guys really caught my attention. For being the first presentation, I thought this was really good.
ReplyDeleteOne thing you could work on is not relying on the slides for the transitions and info. It's hard not to, but put the transitions on the note cards so you can stay engaged with the audience.
The amount of background information you guys provided was nice. It was a good setup that flowed excellently into why this event was so iconic.
ReplyDeleteThe only critique I have is that there should have been more information about those four innocent people who lost their lives in the protests.
The amount of background information you guys provided was nice. It was a good setup that flowed excellently into why this event was so iconic.
ReplyDeleteThe only critique I have is that there should have been more information about those four innocent people who lost their lives in the protests.
Your eye contact was great, and I really liked how you talked about how the closest person was 75 ft away from the guards when they said they were over run. You made a great point that the war was not just overseas.
ReplyDeleteOne recommendation would be maybe talk about the victims more to make it even more emotionally impactful.
1) You guys had great eye contact and you guys did a great job of being the first ones to go! I know how nerve-wracking that can be. One fact that I learned from your presentation was that more than 450 different colleges closed down the day following the shooting. I thought that showed people's condolences for the losses of four innocent lives.
ReplyDelete2) I wish I could've learned more about those lost and hear what you guys had to say about the event. All in all, great presentation!