Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Comments for MIquel and Charlie: the LIberty Bell

For your comments on Presentations:

First, write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?  Be specific.

Second, offer constructive criticism that would help this group. What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?  Be specific.

Post all comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.


18 comments:

  1. You guys did awesome on your presentation! You shared speaking roles and made eye contact. You had my attention the whole time and you also moved around. I learned a lot of new things from the information that you had.
    I honestly don't have anything to critique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Very nice job with you presentation today. You both were well prepared and worked great together when giving your presentation. Also I had no idea that the very first one cracked on its first try.
    2. I agree with Jenny I honestly can't think of anything to critique you guys on. I thought it went very smooth, really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I think you both did a great job! You switched back and forth very smoothly, and both of you were very well informed on your topic. I actually learned a lot about the liberty bell and I think that the sound clip of the bell was a nice touch.
    2. My only critique would be your choice of backgrounds on you slides. Specifically on the slide with "Let Freedom Ring" on the top of the slide, it was very easy to tell that some words were slightly out of place when compared to the opposite side of the slide, but this is truly me nitpicking for something to critique. You both did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Something that was well done was the synergy between you two when you guys were presenting, it showed a great partnership in the presentation as you both interacted with each other when providing interesting bits of the Liberty Bell. One thing I didn't learn about the Bell before was that it broke on the first ringing.
    2. Honestly I really don't have anything to really critique in this presentation. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.) overall, I thought your presentation was great! You guys worked extremely well together and your choice of information kept me interested the whole time. I also really liked to hear what the bell actually sounded like, that was a really nice touch.
    2.) The only thing that I can critique on was at times the speaking was quiet but that's nitpicking, it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your guys presentation. I thought the way you guys presented was awesome and at the same time informative. You guys did good transitioning between speakers and transitioning between slides. Your videos were very cool and I especially loved the Mario playing. The only thing I would critique is the slide s sometimes you couldn't see the writing but I'm nitpicking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked all the interesting facts you guys had like how the bell cracked on the first use and was made in London. I Felt the comparison was kind of weak. But that may be the best comparison you can get for this one, overall, great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chemistry between you two really showed. Everything was so smooth and to the point. You guys did a fantastic job of explaining why it was an icon in the U.S. and what impact it has today.
    The one thing I would critique was the last few slides were very hard to read with the black and white color scheme that sliced through the page. My advice would be to make it less simple, the slides aren't the focal point of the presentation, you are, so make the slides as simple and to the point as possible. But great job guys I really enjoyed your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew the liberty bell was cracked on its first use.

      Delete
  9. Amazing presentation both of you! I thought you both did a fantastic job keeping it interesting and holding your audience entertained while presenting. Also congrats on somehow squeezing so much information into such a little slot of time!
    The one thing I would add to the presentation (if you had more time) would be to expand on how the bell itself was a symbol after the war when it traveled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. I thought that the two of you did great on this presentation. I learned a lot about the Liberty Bell that I had not known before. I had never known that it was cracked. I also never understood why it was so connected with history. I knew that it was important in history but I never knew the full reason why. The eye contact and movement made the presentation even more better. I don't have anything to critique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the energy that you guys had while presenting, it was nice to see someone so comfortable with presenting! I did not know that it was made in England, its interesting. My only recommendation would be is to be more clear with the dates, it was a little confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) I really liked the tone you two set for the presentation. It was very light with some nice jokes. Also, I didn't know that the Bell was cracked on its first use.
    2) One thing I would improve on is your use of color in your slides. Since you used a black and white background, some of the letters looked like they disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed this presentation, i thought the use of eye contact and the time split between both presenters was perfect. I learned that the liberty bell actually cracked three times and once on the very first use. It really made me think it was a omen from a country creating a monument for liberty while still enslaving an entire race. The only thing I felt detracted from the presentation was some of the slides were really hard to read against the background, besides that it was an excellent presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1.) The best part about your presentation was definitely how well everything flowed together. The smoothness of the presentation definitely benefitted the entire presentation because it made it so much easier to follow along with what exactly was happening. I, like most others, didn't realize the bell was cracked during its first use.
    2.) As stated several times before, the background was extremely distracting. There were a few points where I was more worried about some of the words not showing up on the screen than the actual information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys had good synergy with eachother. I never knew that the bell broke twice, and on it's first use. The presentation was funny and easy to follow.

    Aside from the background and text issues, I don't know how I felt about the Mario video. It seemed to come out of nowhere, and I was distracted which I think took away from your conclusion at the end. Other than that, I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought your presentation was very well done, you both seemed very well informed on the topic, and it was definitely a good topic to chose because I feel like it is sometimes a forgotten about icon, that is really important to our history.
    The thing I would critique would be to try to make your slides more simple, there seemed to be a lot of unnecessary text on them/

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1) Your presentation, in my opinion, was one of my favorites. Right off the bat, from you guys introducing each other, I knew your presentation was going to be a good one. Your personalities really worked well together and your calm and collected attitudes drew me in. I had not previously known that the Liberty Bell had to be replaced three times!
    2) The only criticism I have is that the words on the slides were a little hard to read at times because it went from black to white. But you guys did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.