Mr. Money Mustache is a expert at generating revenue and purposefully saving and or spending it to generate even more revenue in the future! This article focuses on MMM's(Mr. Money Mustache) total family spending of the year and how you can bring your budget down to match MMMs spending habits. I love how MMM structures his blog posts. He effectively stream lines it into valid points that you can follow easily and learn from just as easily. His three bullet point system dropped my jaw as it is the same way I criteria everything I spend my money on, "will buying this really improve my overall life happiness, is there another more cost efficient way to meet this same need? can the same benefit be had if I delay the purchase?". I agree heavily with what he says in this blog post as he explains how to live daily life while dropping cost down to zero where ever possible. Bringing happiness to as high as possible while keeping spending as low as possible is a principle I follow when i'm feeling extra frugal or its essential for me to save money. MMM even taught me how to cost effectively purchase a phone with unlimited texting, calling and data for only 30$ a month, something that I will personally capitalize on if my parents ever feel like cutting of my phone line.
I recommend MightyCarMods, a youtube channel similar to the one we viewed in class. One of the things I immediately noticed when I went back to this youtube channel is that it offers more information on how to mod and actually, upgrade your car than the youtube channel we watched in class and does so in a not screechy, mind numbing voice. The style of this channel I enjoy as well too, they are very effective at blending humor with information and make you want to watch more. The production value is also very high, I would say better than the car video we watched in class, with a shorter introduction video and exit video it grabs your attention immediately and holds it with going directly from intro to informative satire. MightyCarMods taught my father and I how to install Bonnet Struts so we can work on the car without having a big stick in the way of the engine. MightyCarMods can save you thousands on custom jobs you can do to your car by eliminating the labor cost and leaving you only with the item cost.
 |
In this photo, they are adding struts to the car's suspension.
|
https://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods/videos
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2015/01/16/exposed-the-mmm-familys-2014-spending/
I think it's neat how he can go without spending so much money a year, it really makes me realize how much money i spend on foolish things. It's also neat that he can give tips that can help people with their spending, I can only imagine the amount of people he has helped so far, I know I will start double thinking before I swipe my card.
ReplyDeleteI think it's neat how he can go without spending so much money a year, it really makes me realize how much money i spend on foolish things. It's also neat that he can give tips that can help people with their spending, I can only imagine the amount of people he has helped so far, I know I will start double thinking before I swipe my card.
ReplyDeleteI also realized that I spend my money on foolish things! I might take some of his tips! I definitely need to think before I spend
ReplyDelete