Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Exploration Two from Bianca

My name is Bianca Lawson, I am 18 years old and a freshman at OSUM.  I commute from Delaware OH, and graduated from Olentangy High School this past summer. I am officially undecided in my major but have recently though about going into nursing. Something interesting about me is that this past year I impulsively decided to adopt a dog from the Delaware Humane Society within 10 minutes of meeting her. Her name is summer and adopting her turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Summer!
What stood out to me the most from the reading was the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass.  Specifically the reaction that Mr. Auld had to Douglass learning to read. Mr. Auld said that it was "unlawful" and "unsafe" to teach a slave to read, but really what he feared was that it would cause him to lose his power over Douglass.

3 comments:

  1. Your puppy is adorable I love playing and cuddling with my oversized babies. I changed my major probably about three times before I finally settled. I hope that is not the case for you. Good luck in what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nursing is always a great major! Plenty of job opportunities! I am majoring in it. The girls in the major are very nice and it would be a good fit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adopted my dog, Miley from the Franklin County Humane Society, she is my best friend, I love that you adopted, there is just a connection you can get with adopted animals that you cant find from store bought dogs. Adopt don't shop!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.